Here at KORA Organics we love our community. Our community is built up of family, friends, colleagues and customers who share the spirit and ethos of our brand. Our community is the heart of KORA Organics, what brings us together.
Communities come in all shapes and sizes, they can come and go and evolve as your path and interests change. They can be seen in the form of a book club, a mother’s group, a social sports team or a life long group of friends. A community is often built from a shared interest or passion and the desire to meet new people and try new things. Communities can open our minds and hearts to new ideas and experiences, but ultimately, a community can bring a sense of connection, and the feeling of belonging.
Having a strong community in our lives is extremely important and can be critical to our mental and emotional well-being. Being a part of a community not only provides social interaction it can be a strong source of encouragement and support. There is power and purpose in a community that can help us get through the toughest of times, and motivate us towards our goals and collective successes. Living in the era of technology, it’s easier than ever to resort to virtual communication personally and professionally. Being a part of a community holds us accountable to maintain the interpersonal interactions that help us stay connected, united and secure.
As human beings, we are extremely social creatures and we crave companionship and connectedness, we want to feel included and valued. Connectedness can be built through quality interactions and reciprocity, where people both give to and receive from the community. Here are some ways you can get involved and experience the importance of community:
- Turn to local resources to educate yourself about community groups, events and happenings in your area.
- Give back to your community by shopping and supporting local businesses.
- Visit meeting websites such as meetup.com and join or start a group you are interested in to meet like-minded people.
- Volunteer at an organization that you’re passionate about.
- Get out of your comfort zone by interacting with those of different interests, backgrounds, culture or religion, to expand your knowledge and experience within different communities.
- Welcome others in to your community and watch it grow.
- Trade screen time for green time. Step away from the TV and electronics and find ways to occupy your time outside of technology.
At the core of every strong community are the people in it who are committed to helping one another grow and thrive by offering resources, encouragement and support.
“Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller.
Much love from our community to yours,
💖 KORA Organics xx