It is a day to be kind to yourself and to others through acts of kindness. It presents us with the opportunity to reflect and take action towards a more kind world. An act of kindness, small or large, can have a positive impact. There is power in kindness.
A kind gesture can make someone’s day, it can give them comfort, confidence or provide support, and bring people together. Being kind and doing something for others can also have many rewarding and emotional benefits including decrease in stress, and making you feel better and happier.
If everyone did one kind thing for someone else, we could spread kindness and make a difference. Practicing kindness can be altering the smallest things you do in your day.
Here are a few simple ideas and ways you can spread kindness:
- Be kind to others – Give a compliment to 5 different people throughout your day, hold the door for someone or be there to listen to someone’s story.
- Be kind to your community – Ask a neighbour how they are feeling and if they need anything, make them a meal or support a local business.
- Be kind to your family and friends – Hug your loved ones, connect with a family member or friend you haven’t seen in a few weeks/months and ask how they are, send a friend a bunch of flowers and show gratitude for who you have in your life.
- Give encouragement – Give positive feedback to a colleague, a restaurant, a shop or a service that you have recently used.
- Be kind to the environment – Plant a tree, organise a community clean up, hang your clothes out to dry, hand wash your dishes, walk to work or limit your use of paper and printing.
- Be kind to your body – drink more water and get a good nights sleep.
- Be happy, laugh and smile often – Smile at strangers, laugh out loud and radiate joy. It’s contagious!
- Be thankful and express gratitude – Thank those who help you with every day tasks, like the barista who made your morning coffee or someone who gave you their seat on the bus.
- Give back – Help someone in need, volunteer your time and skills with a charity, start a mentor program or give a rescue animal a new home.
- Spread love – tell your loved ones what they mean to you, let them know you appreciate them or leave surprise affirmation notes in public places for people to find.
For more ideas visit Random Acts of Kindness.
Be kind to yourself, be kind to each other and spread kindness today and everyday. Just remember your small act of kindness might just make someone’s day.
KORA Organics xxx