There is no greater relationship than the one you cultivate with yourself. Today and every day it’s important to remember to love and nurture yourself—that way you can give so much more to everything you do and to everyone you meet.
It’s also important to plan downtime so you can reconnect with yourself. One of my favorite ways is to take a bath at the end of a long day, it gives me time to unwind and helps calm my mind before bed so I get a good night’s sleep.
Here are some of my tips for a relaxing bath ritual….
· Switch off your phone to minimize any distractions
· Dry body brush before you bathe, to increase circulation and remove dead skin cells
· Cleanse your face and apply your favorite mask
· Add a cup of sea salts to warm bath water to relax your muscles and help detoxify your skin
· Add a few drops of Noni Glow Body Oil into the bath water; this will hydrate the skin, leaving it silky smooth when you step out
· Dim the lights and play gentle music or a meditation —or opt for silence
· Place crystals around and in the bath to energize your space
· Light a candle or burn your favorite aromatherapy oils
· Say a positive affirmation (I like to pull a card from either the Empower Yourself or Treasure Yourself Affirmations Card decks)
· As you slip into the bath, focus on creating a new and positive mindset based on the words of your chosen affirmation card
· Relax into your breathing to quieten and still your mind.
I would love to hear what your favorite affirmations are and what you do to nurture yourself.