Wellness advocate, clinical nutritionist and health blogger, Jessica Sepel, shares one of her exclusive JSHEALTH App recipes for the holiday season! This Pumpkin, Pomegranate & Hazelnut Salad is the perfect holiday recipe to share with those you love. The combination of maple roasted pumpkin with crunchy nuts and seeds is truly divine.
- ¼ jap pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and leaves roughly torn
- juice of ½ lemon
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ bunch mint leaves
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup pistachios, toasted
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chopped pumpkin in a mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Spread the pumpkin across the baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 35 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, place the torn kale in a mixing bowl and cover with the lemon juice. Use your hands to massage the juice into the kale. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, place the marinated kale on a serving platter. Arrange the maple-roasted pumpkin, mint leaves, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and pistachios on top. Garnish with the pomegranate arils and the dressing.
- Optional – Pair with your favourite protein.
Jessica Sepel (BHlth, Adv Dip Nutritional Medicine) is a clinical nutritionist, bestselling health author and international health blogger. She is the beloved voice behind the ‘JSHealth’ brand and one of Australia’s most sought-after health and wellness advocates, encouraging a balanced lifestyle filled with delicious and nourishing wholefoods and recipes.
Jess is the author of three best-selling books, where she shares her health philosophy and favourite recipes, and the creator of the JSHealth App and the JSHealth Program: an 8-week online plan to quit diets forever and find balance with food and your body!