I hope you’ve been able to take some time over the holiday period to give yourself the rest and rejuvenation your mind and body may have needed.
I find the beginning of the year is a perfect time to set new intentions, goals, and affirmations for the year ahead.
As I look to 2018 with anticipation and gratitude, I also like to take the time during the month of January to focus on what I want to accomplish both personally and professionally over the coming months and year.
To avoid feeling overwhelmed I find it helpful to set short, mid and long-term goals. You may find this helps you minimize stress and increases your productivity at the same time.
A few tips below will hopefully help you stay balanced while achieving all your dreams and ambitions for the year ahead.
Create Space in your Mind
- Pencil 15 mins of meditation into your diary, daily (or if that’s not your thing just some quiet time focussing on a still mind).
- Swap your screen for green and get out into nature.
- Switch off all devices and the wifi an hour before bedtime.
- Try and give yourself a day off from the outside world.
- Listen to an audiobook or podcast in your lunch break or while in the car.
- Focus on your breath and deep belly breathing to help let go of stress.
Feed your Body Love
- Elevate your heart rate for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Make exercise fun, so you want to do it!
- Keep endorphins flowing, exercise again within a 48-hr window.
- Laugh (and I mean big belly laughs) with friends and family.
- Take a swim (preferably in the ocean, I find saltwater is cleansing for the soul). But if you’re not near an ocean, you can opt for a warm bath with sea salt!
- Pick some flowers from the garden and light a candle.
- Sing and dance as if no one is watching.
Get your Glow from Within
- Start your day with warm water (optional with a squeeze of lemon).
- Reward your body with nutritious and equally delicious foods.
- Know that what you put in, you get out.
- Take supplements (if needed) to enhance health and wellbeing.
- Ensure you get at least 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep (it’s when our bodies repair).
- Ditch unnecessary toxins, go organic and avoid acidic foods.
- Try to eat fresh, local produce and avoid processed foods as much as possible.
- Drink lots of clean purified and ideally alkaline water.
- Treat yourself (occasionally!).
Here are some of my favorite apps that help me stay on track to optimum wellness, I hope they do the same for you!
- Lumosity – Brain Training
- Headspace – Mindfulness
- Meditation Time – Meditation
- Sleep Better – Sleep Tracker
May your year be filled with love, laughter, health & happiness.