Setting aside time to take care of yourself— your mind, your body, and your skin — is really important to our overall health and well-being. For us to give our best, we need to feel our best and for me I think one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned, particularly since becoming a Mother, is the importance of dedicating time each day to something that I enjoy – simple things, like putting my feet in the grass, doing yoga or meditation. This way, I feel more balanced and am able to give so much more to my family, my work and my friends.
Self-care has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, I grew up in a family that taught me the importance of health, wellness and self-care from a young age – where self-care practices were a part of everyday life for us, just like cleaning our teeth and brushing our hair.
I’ve been practicing meditation and yoga since my late teens. It has been such a great tool for me to stay calm and centred. I try to meditate at least once to twice a day – generally morning and night. In the morning it helps me to set my intention for the day, so I start the day with a positive mindset, and at night it’s a great way to let go of the day and unwind for a restful sleep. I also meditate with my children, Flynn has found it really beneficial, particularly after the challenging year we’ve all experienced given the pandemic.
In addition to meditation, I practice Kundalini yoga a few times a week. It’s the yoga of awareness and is based on a method to awaken your senses and consciousness – it connects with the mind, body and soul. My husband and I practice yoga together weekly, it’s a wonderful way to bond and connect after a busy week.
Self-care was also the reason I started the development of KORA Organics—a company I founded on the values of making a transformative difference to people’s skin, their confidence, and offering them a healthier alternative to other brands on the market. We use certified organic and natural products for one simple reason—because what you put on your skin soaks in.
At KORA Organics, our products are designed to enrich your skin and spirit – they are about taking a moment for yourself, during your busy day-to-day routine to nourish your MIND, BODY, SKIN.
Feed Your Mind
Positive thoughts create positive energy vibrations within the body. We have adopted the principles of Dr. Masaru Emoto’s work by applying positive words on the back of each of our products. Our intent in doing this is that the vibrational energy of the word has a positive effect on the user. This affirmation is a great way to take a moment out of your day to be present and can inspire positivity.
Much like our learnings from Dr. Masaru Emoto we need to set positive intentions with each new day.
“I am continually growing and learning, and I create my future in every moment. My life is exciting and full of limitless potential.”
Feed Your Body
A great way to start each day is with Noni Glow Skinfood with Prebiotics. It’s a nutrient-dense superfood supplement for your daily beauty and wellness benefits, inside and out. I’ve been drinking Noni since I was 13 and feel it’s the key to my health and vitality. I take it every morning before a meal and sometimes in the afternoon when I need an extra pick me up.
Energise your health and balance digestive functions while you enjoy the smooth and delicate fruity taste with no added sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavor or preservatives.
Feed Your Skin
We have created an award-winning range of certified organic and certified natural products that detoxify, nourish and revitalize your skin. KORA Organics products are highly concentrated and active, delivering visible results while restoring your skin to its optimal health.
Below is my favorite skincare routine for healthy, glowing skin. It features my glow-to products, Turmeric 2 in 1 Brightening & Exfoliating Mask and Turmeric Glow Moisturizer. This is a beautiful way to start every day.
- Cleanse with Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil is so gentle and soothing. It turns into a milky texture that leaves my skin clean, soft & super smooth.
- After cleansing, I use the Turmeric Brightening & Exfoliating Mask – this is my at-home instant facial! The super-fine granules deeply exfoliate, leaving my skin soft and glowing. I also suffer from pigmentation and this mask has made a dramatic difference in brightening my dark spots.
- I then follow with Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum – this serum has really brightened my skin and made a huge difference to my pigmentation and fine lines. I use this serum each morning, it contains a stabilized 12% Vitamin C Superfruit complex made with Australian Kakadu Plum, which is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C.
- For my moisturizer step – I use our new ultra-rich Turmeric Glow Moisturizer which is my go-to skin saviour… it deeply hydrates, brightens and soothes my skin. I love that it gives my skin a radiant glow!
- I wake up with a puffy face most mornings, so I use the Rose Quartz Facial Sculptor to help stimulate circulation and reduce puffiness. I love to use this with my Noni Glow Face Oil – it helps the oil absorb deeper into the skin while also increasing blood flow and promoting collagen production. I’m obsessed!
At KORA Organics, our mission is to inspire people to be the healthiest versions of themselves inside and out. We believe that healthy skin is the most beautiful skin.