My recipe for Kitchari 🌻
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 1 head of broccoli (grated)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- Coconut Oil or Gee
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed (whole)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Wash brown rice and split peas in colander until water runs clear.
- Heat coconut oil or gee in pot (3 teaspoons), add spices & stir.
- Add rice & split peas in pot and stir through the spice mix.
- Add 3 cups of organic veg stock & 2 cups of water.
- Pop lid on until boiling, then turn heat down and leave till cooked.
- Add grated broccoli and zucchini, stir through until cooked.
- Add any other veg you might like to, and add water if needed
- Serve with pickled onion, coconut yogurt & coriander
Pickled Onions Recipe
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Boil apple cider vinegar with 2 teaspoons of salt for approximately 5 minutes
- Place raw onion in clean, glass jar.
- Add boiled cider & salt to onions. Pop lid on and put in fridge to cool…
Your dinner should be your lightest meal – get into the habit of making your lunch your main meal as this will help rejuvenate your digestion & let it rest to not feel heavy or bloat as we wind down of a night.
Happy gut, happy mind, happy spirit
Hayley is the owner and facilitator of hrt. your space & hrt. kids yoga “The Loveliest Little Clinic of Calm” located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Hayley is a Certified 370hr Yoga & Meditation Teacher – Yin Therapy, an Ayurveda Specialist, as well as an Eft (Emotional Freedom Technique) and Reiki Practitioner. She also specialises in Applied Kinesiology and is a student in Mental Health.