This cooler is so refreshing and will transport you to the tropics unless you are already there. You can also use a little coconut pineapple juice in place of the pineapple juice if you want a pina colada flavour.
PREP TIME: 5 – 10 minutes
TIP: You can double or triple the recipe as needed and also mix all the ingredients except the ice ahead of time and chill. Then shake with ice before serving.
NOTE: You can use pineapple coconut juice in place of pineapple juice and coconut water if you prefer. Just use 2 cups of pineapple coconut juice.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime (to taste)
- ½ cup vodka or rum (or ½ – ¼ cup sparkling water for mocktail)
- 2 cup ice (and more for serving)
- mint leaves, pineapple and/or orange slices (optional, for serving).
1. Fill a cocktail shaker or large jar with a lid half way up with ice and add the pineapple juice, coconut water, orange juice, lime juice and vodka or rum. Shake well, strain and pour into a glass with fresh ice.
2. If using sparkling water in place vodka or rum fill the glasses approx. 2/3 of the way up with the juice mixture (pineapple, coconut water, orange juice and lime juice) and then top with sparkling water and gently stir. Serve with mint leaves, pineapple and/or orange slices.
Sending joy! x
You may love Chef Kate’s cookbook, The Flavour of Joy. Containing stories to inspire, amuse and uplift as well as delicious, healthy recipes you’ll love.
Kate uses local organic and sustainable ingredients in her tasty and nutritious recipes, also including superfoods and medicinal herbs in her dishes to create healthy and nourishing food for the body, mind, and spirit.