As we wrap summer in the northern hemisphere, and winter in the southern, we wanted to share some beauty tips for happy skin to suit your mood and climate.
We asked beauty expert—Kylie Wells—to jot down her chosen ways to maximise and simplify your glow, no matter what corner of the globe you live in.
5 Tips for Happy Skin Coming into Autumn
1. A great place to start is with your regular cleansing. I suggest switching to a cream or oil-based cleanser for the season ahead. The crisp air and wind, that autumn brings makes us want to take warmer showers, yet try to wash your skin in lukewarm water, rather than hot.
2. It’s likely that the change of season could leave your skin feeling dry, with the possibility of more sensitive than normal. This can lead to redness and blotchy skin. My advice is: after washing your face be sure to gently pat dry rather than vigorously rubbing.
3. Add oils, vitamins and serum to thicken your moisturizer and stay hydrated. Reach for the Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum in the morning to help accelerate the production of both collagen and elastin, to keep the skin plump and firm during the colder months. Vitamin A in the evening will help the reproduction of cells along with many other anti-ageing benefits.
4. Continue using SPF even on cloudy days! It’s possible UV wavelengths make it past those grey clouds and get absorbed by your skin. I say: Don’t ruin all your hard work with your skin care by forgetting this step.
5. Now is a great time to book in with your skincare specialist for a result-driven, and relaxing, facial to enhance your skins’ chances to thrive through the colder weather.
5 Tips for Happy Skin Coming into Spring
1. My first piece of advice is: Spring clean your skin care! If you use wash cloths or sponges regularly, wash them or replace them. Clean make up brushes and replace cotton pads. Look at the use-by-dates on your skin care to ensure your routine is fresh.
2. Switch to a foaming cleanser to counterbalance oil flow that the warmer weather brings, and to avoid clogged sweat glands from heavy sunscreens.
3. Winter may have left your skin dehydrated and dull from being indoors with artificial heat. Now is the time to remove dead and dull skin cells, allowing new cells to come to the surface, Add exfoliation and resurfacing to your routine at least 2-3 times a week for a fresh glow.
4. Coming into spring you’re likely to be more active and feel the humidity in the air. This can increase your skins’ natural oil production. It’s a good time to introduce lighter moisturisers, and to layer with sunscreen (even on cloudy days.) Make sure you double cleanse skin at the end of the day to avoid clogged pores.
5. Hydrate. Time to up your water intake. A suggested dose is 6-8 glasses of water a day. Add slices of lemon to your daily water intake and eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies for glowing skin from within!
Kylie has been in the Beauty Industry for over 21 years. Her career has taken her all over the world, on land and at sea. Still to this day beauty therapy is her passion, mixing old ancient remedies with new evolved techniques and technology. Kylie is always learning.
Kylie is known for her healing hands. She thrives on working the Meraki way, using soul, creativity, passion and love in each and every treatment leaving a part of herself to every client. Working on intuition, she works from various spaces on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and also in the comfort of your own home.