Growing up in England one of my first childhood memories was my Nan putting a hot water bottle at the bottom of my bed in the evening so when I got in my feet would be warm and cozy – that feeling instantly relaxes you!
As a holistic beauty therapist, I wanted to recreate that feeling for my clients when they were having facials, massages, reiki and other luxury treatments so I decided to create what I now call Dream Pillows. Dream Pillows help my clients ease into a deeper state of calm and relaxation. Dependant on the treatment I warm a Dream Pillow and lay it over their eyes, gently on their stomach or behind their neck, adding that extra level of care and warmth to their experience.
Initially when I started making Dream Pillows I only had a hand full of clients so I found myself making the pillows with personal intent and rituals. I chose the fabric to personally suit each client and then depending what their long term desire was, whether to be uplifted, relaxed, comforted or healed, I added different oils, seeds, herbs and reiki symbols.
These Dream Pillows are so versatile, and can help to soothe and calm the mind in many ways. They can be heated in the microwave for 30 seconds and used for warmth and relaxation, or they can be put in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool and assist with aches and pains. You can choose your favourite oil and use it during meditation and Yoga, and you can use them to help ease headaches by changing the oils to a mint or tea tree. Simply Magic.
I make Dream Pillows in all different sizes for different areas and uses, but the most common is a lavender eye pillow. You can make your own at home by following the below:
- Organic flax seeds
- Dried lavender
- Dried rose petals
- Lavender essential oil
- Soft fabric, 5.5 x 10 inches
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Measuring tape
- And a lot of Love ❤️
- Combine 2 cups flax seeds, 1 tablespoon dried lavender and 1 tablespoon of dried rose petals in a bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of lavender essential oil, leave aside.
- Measure and cut a piece of fabric that measures 5.5 by 10 inches. This will allow you a 1/2 inch seam allowance on all sides. Pin the fabric right sides together along the sides and bottom
- Sew the bottom and sides of the sleeve, leaving the top seam open.Turn the fabric inside out to reveal the correct side. Carefully pour the dry ingredients into the pillow.
- Pin the top closed and top stitch on a sewing machine.
Kylie has been in the Beauty Industry for over 21 years. Her career has taken her all over the world, on land and at sea. Still to this day beauty therapy is her passion, mixing old ancient remedies with new evolved techniques and technology. Kylie is always learning.
Kylie is known for her healing hands. She thrives on working the Meraki way, using soul, creativity, passion and love in each and every treatment leaving a part of herself to every client. Working on intuition, she works from various spaces on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and also in the comfort of your own home.