Bath salts mimic the properties of hot springs and natural mineral pools bringing the results to you. The two main salts are Epsom and Himalayan. Epsom salts are renowned for its high content of magnesium, which can boost brain neurotransmitters promoting sleep and reducing stress and muscle pain. Himalayan salts help to extract toxins from your skin and tissue leaving you feeling refreshed, de-stressed and relaxed.
Here’s how to combine them both together to create a jar of your very own super soak.
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- 1 cup of Himalayan salts
- 5 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Lemongrass for aches and pains
- Lavender or chamomile for induced sleep
- Rosemary for uplifting
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried rose petals or dried lavender to make it extra special.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Pour under warm running water, and immerse your body, mind and soul for 20 minutes.
In between the full moon and the new moon I swap the amount of salts, I use 2 cups of Himalayan salt as it acts as a natural body charger, just like plugging in a mobile phone to fully recharge, and 1 cup of Epsom Salts to allow myself to rest and allow the charge to happen.
You can also add natural food colouring to change up the look!