The art of Gua Sha has many wellness benefits. A traditional Gua Sha treatment involves stroking the skin of the body with a smooth stone and massage oil in downward motions with the idea being to expel toxins with every stroke, dramatically awakening the circulatory system and moving stagnant energy found under the skin’s surface. Chinese Medicine practitioners have long believed dormant energy to be the precursor of a number of health concerns and conditions.
Historically, the healing practice used more dramatic strokes on the body, however a more gentle expression is found in facial treatments, which can conjure deep cellular regeneration for the complexion. Facial Gua Sha has even been referred to by some practitioners as a holistic facelift. It is revered for its therapeutic benefits and ability to boost energy levels.
Miranda first discovered Gua Sha in her early career while working throughout Asia. Traditional Gua Sha massages combine her favourite indulgence of deep tissue massage to first release muscle tension, followed by the therapeutic benefits of stroking or scraping the skin with a smooth tool and massage oil. She created the Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor based on this practice so she could do her own Gua Sha facial massages at home.
The Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor is a gentle, natural and non-invasive stone that is specifically designed to enhance your natural beauty. As you massage your face and neck, you stimulate circulation and reduce puffiness while lifting, toning and sculpting your face. Glide along the contours of your face using upward strokes to help prompt lymphatic drainage, detoxification and cellular restoration of your complexion. Made from Rose Quartz, a beautifying and healing stone of universal love, this tool is energized with the vibrations of self-love, acceptance and happiness, and can help to ease tension, stress, and anxiety whilst increasing and promoting feelings of well-being.
When the Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor is coupled with the application of our Noni Glow Face Oil, the result is amplified. The heart shape harmonizes with your facial features to massage the nutrients, antioxidants and essential fatty acids deeper into the epidermis while also increasing blood flow and promoting collagen production, which aids in strengthening of the skin. Resulting in firmer, more plump skin—and a healthy glow!
How to do your own At Home Gua Sha Facial:
3. Using the Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor, gently massage your face and neck in an upward and outward motion as per the diagram.
Focus on gentle, gliding strokes from the bottom of the face/décolletage, up and the middle of the face, out.
4. Starting from the neck area, move along to your chin, cheeks and around to the eye area. Once you get to the eye area use lighter and more gentle pressure as the skin around the eyes is far more delicate than that on your cheeks, forehead or chin.
Try to imagine lifting the skin, contouring the cheekbones and jawline, and smoothing out expression lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines.
5. Nousha Salimi recommends using the top of the heart on the cheek area and jaw line, the sides of the heart sculptor for the forehead and neck, and the tip on acupressure points, nasal cavity area, chin and third eye point.
Using the pointy tip of the heart on acupressure points can alleviate neck pain, tension and strain.
6. Take as little or as long as you like. Traditional Gua Sha facials focus on each stroke slowly and steadily for up to a few minutes.
For best results, we recommend 3 to 5 minutes a day.
7. Continue with moisturizer and your morning skincare routine.
- For additional healing and relaxation benefits, and to reduce inflammation, place the stone in the refrigerator for a few minutes or run under cold water. The stone is naturally cool, but this extra temperature reduction will aid your efforts to increase circulation, expel toxins, stimulate collagen production and depuff in the mornings! Miranda likes to keep her mists and moisturizers in the fridge too, for a really soothing and cooling application on the skin.
- Cleanse your Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor with warm water and wipe with a soft cloth to remove any dirt and oil following your gua sha facial. For a deeper clean, use a gentle cleanser (Rose Quartz can be a delicate stone). We suggest any of the KORA Organics Cleansers to further cleanse your crystal. Additionally, to completely cleanse and reset your crystal leave it outside under the light of the moon/and or sun.
For a fresh, revitalised look and some self care, you can do your own Gua Sha Facial at home with our Glowing Gua Sha Collection. It includes the Noni Glow Face Oil and the Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor. For a glowing complexion, you can’t go past this hydrating and detoxifying Gua Sha duo!
KORA Organics xxx