Wellness advocate, clinical nutritionist and health blogger—Jessica Sepel—has inspired us with a quick and easy Pumpkin dish that is rich in nutrients and big on taste and uses all those left over pumpkins after Halloween!
PUMPKIN & CHICKPEA ONE-PAN WITH HUMMUS DRESSING
These easy one-pan dinners are as simple as throwing some veggies and some protein onto a baking tray and roasting until delicious. This is also the perfect vegetarian dinner option and so easy to make!
Pumpkin and carrots are great starchy veggies too—really low GI and full of antioxidants from beta-carotene.
SERVES: 2, as a main—or 4, as a side
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pumpkin
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white balsamic, white wine or Apple Cider)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop pumpkin into small wedges. Slice carrots thinly. Arrange on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season generously.
- Add baking tray to the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden and slightly caramelised.
- To make the dressing, combine hummus, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup, if using, in a small jar. Whisk until combined.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven and add chickpeas to tray. Drizzle over dressing and top with pepitas, chilli flakes and mint leaves.
Jessica Sepel (BHlth, Adv Dip Nutritional Medicine) is a clinical nutritionist, bestselling health author and international health blogger. She is the beloved voice behind the ‘JSHealth’ brand and one of Australia’s most sought-after health and wellness advocates, encouraging a balanced lifestyle filled with delicious and nourishing wholefoods and recipes.
Jess is the author of two best-selling books, where she shares her health philosophy and favourite recipes, and the creator of the JSHealth App and the JSHealth Program: an 8-week online plan to quit diets forever and find balance with food and your body!