Jessica Sepel of JSHealth is a wellness advocate, clinical nutritionist, health blogger and best-selling author.
She’s given us one of her nutrition-filled recipes that can be created using just one pan—for the time conscious!
Herb-Crusted Salmon with Pumpkin, Cauliflower & Kale
This herb-crusted salmon is absolutely divine; it’s a one-pan dinner that contains all the macronutrients you need to feel full and energized.
Get creative with your veggies! Some great options are sweet potato, brussels sprouts, asparagus or broccoli.
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, chopped into wedges
- ½ cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 x 180 g salmon fillets, bones removed and skin left on
- A handful of fresh kale washed and torn from stem
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh herbs (basil, parsley or coriander)
- ½ cup raw almonds.
NB: you can swap any of the animal-based protein options for:
- ½ cup lentils, chickpeas or beans (or a mix) or;
- 1–2 eggs (for vegetarians) or;
- 100 g of tempeh or tofu (1–2 times a week).
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the chopped pumpkin and cauliflower on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add herbs, almonds, 1 tbsp olive oil and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper to a food processor and process until combined (I like to leave mine a little bit chunky).
- After the vegetables have been cooking for 25 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and make room for the salmon fillets.
- Arrange the two pieces of salmon on the baking tray and coat with the herb crust. Add the kale and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Return to oven for another 12-15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
To serve, plate up the cooked salmon, roasted vegetables and fresh kale.
Jessica Sepel (BHlth, Adv Dip Nutritional Medicine) is a clinical nutritionist, bestselling health author and international health blogger. She is the beloved voice behind the ‘JSHealth’ brand and one of Australia’s most sought-after health and wellness advocates, encouraging a balanced lifestyle filled with delicious and nourishing wholefoods and recipes.
Jess is the author of two best-selling books, where she shares her health philosophy and favourite recipes, and the creator of the JSHealth App and the JSHealth Program: an 8-week online plan to quit diets forever and find balance with food and your body!