Lisa Blair’s Noni Glow Skin Story
As a result of our #myKORA campaign, we’ve received before and afters from KORA customers who have experienced authentic skin transformations. Lisa Blair’s struggle with clogged pores, dead skin cells and sebum build up, led to blemishes that were alleviated by her go-to #NoniGlow products!
“#myKORA before and after is from last year around this time to now. I can’t thank you enough!!! I use the Turmeric Mask, Foaming Cleanser, Balancing Rose Mist, Noni Glow Face Oil, and the Noni Radiant Eye Oil. And I worry all the time that I’m going to run out of it!!! Your line is a godsend!” – Lisa Blair
Understanding Blemish Prone Skin:
If you’re struggling with blemish prone skin like Lisa, it’s important to understand what may cause it, in order to effectively correct it. If you’re blemish prone and consuming a soft drink, chips and pizza diet, it’s safe to assume your skin will react in the form of a serious breakout. Beyond what you eat, hormones also play a key role, as increased androgen levels can result in bacteria, inflammation and heightened sebum production. Outside of your control, DNA plays a huge factor since there’s a genetic predisposition to blemish prone skin that makes some more susceptible to breakouts than others… The good news? A healthy diet and lifestyle choices coupled with a strong and yes, *bells ringing* Certified Organic skincare regimen can help support healthy, blemish-free, clean and clear skin!
Why Certified Organic
A common misconception is that Certified Organic products aren’t as effective as abrasive “blemish busting” brands hailed for their “24-hour acne blasting” benefits. The reality is, there’s a natural way to blast blemishes without applying abrasive scrubs and swiping your skin with pads soaked in toxic and harmful chemicals. Although these products might “zap your zits overnight,” they also can strip your skin permanently, contribute to pre-mature aging, reduce your skin’s natural oils, and leave your complexion dry and peeled…no thanks! Our approach to reducing blemishes yields, gradual, and effective results in the form of natural, soothing, hydrating ingredients that your skin (and the environment!) will thank you for.
Favorites for Blemish Prone Skin
Here are our top skincare products for blemish prone skin.
A gel-based and soap-free cleanser that’s formulated to naturally and deeply cleanse your skin while rinsing away impurities without stripping your skin’s natural oils. Our Foaming Cleanser will leave your complexion feeling clean and refreshed.
TURMERIC BRIGHTENING & EXFOLIATING MASK
An invigorating 2-in-1 organic facial exfoliating mask that revitalizes, brightens and promotes skin cell renewal while refining tone and texture. Our Turmeric Brightening & Exfoliating Mask addresses congested pores, sebum buildup, uneven skin texture and dullness.
NONI BRIGHT VITAMIN C SERUM
Formulated with superfruit ingredients including Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Acerola Cherry and Kakadu Plum, these powerhouse ingredients in our Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum work to even dark spots and discoloration caused by blemishes and imperfections.
The Purifying Moisturizer is the best moisturizer for blemish prone skin. Light-weight, this daily moisturizer is formulated to balance and maintain hydration for oily and combination skin that can be prone to blemishes.
NONI GLOW FACE OIL
Lightweight oils like our Noni Glow Face Oil can actually help to rebalance natural oil production and improve skin’s condition with use. A rich source of antioxidants and essential fatty acids, the Noni Glow Face Oil smooths, nourishes and moisturizes the skin thanks to its ultra-hydrating ingredients. It’s also formulated with Sea Buckthorn Oil, which helps correct the appearance of damaged skin, while soothing irritation and inflammation. Sea Buckthorn and Rosehip Oil also work to soften the appearance of scars and blemishes.
Tips for Blemish Prone Skin
DIET & EXERCISE
- Healthy and balanced diet. Try to eat fresh, local produce and avoid processed foods as much as possible.
- Exercise can help reduce your stress levels but also help to nourish your skin cells, increase circulation and flush out toxins and try to remove your makeup before working out.
- Stay hydrated, make sure to drink plenty of water daily.
- Stop touching your face – try not to touch your face, as you might be transferring any bacteria from your hands to your face. And stop the urge to pick and squeeze, it can lead to trigger more breakouts.
- Clean your makeup brushes regularly as they collect dirt and bacteria.
- Have you ever thought about the bacteria and dirt that could be living on the screen of your phone? we take our phones everywhere, it’s alway in our hands and when we make calls it’s pressed up against our skin where dirt and bacteria can transfer. Make sure to clean your screen.
- Use a separate towel when to washing or drying your face.
- Tie your hair loosely back when you sleep to keep your hair off your face. Be sure to use the right hair tie to ensure you aren’t causing any damage to your hair.
- Change your pillowcase weekly.
- It might also be time to check if you need a new pillow!
- Get a good nights sleep. Not only does the skin repair and regenerate at night but getting a good nights sleep can help reduce stress levels.
- Find a way that best serves you to reduce your stress levels, it could be going for a walk, meditation, breathwork, playing with pets or getting a massage. Big or small, every day we can find something to help reduce our stress levels.
If you’re struggling with blemish prone skin, we hope this blog post helps shed some light on achieving healthy skin with a clean, Certified Organic skincare ritual and a healthy and balanced lifestyle.