I love cooking for my family – this dish has been a speciality of mine for years and everyone seems to love it… enjoy!
- 1 Whole organic (or free range) chicken
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 onions
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 tablespoons Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Rock Salts
- 3 tablespoons BRAGGS Liquid Aminos
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C
- Rinse the chicken
- Place chicken in a crock-pot breast facing down
- Add whole garlic and cut onions in quarters and place loose through the crock-pot and also inside the chicken
- Add the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pot, (be generous with the coconut oil it has many health benefits from maintaining cholesterol levels to aid proper digestion)
- Add the turmeric, BRAGGS Liquid Aminos and squeeze the juice of the lemons over the chicken. Sprinkle the salt all over the chicken skin
- Put the rosemary whole in the crock-pot
- Put the lid on the pot and put in the oven
- Hourly check on the chicken making sure you spoon the juices over the chicken
- Slow roast for 4 hours keeping the oven on 150°C
- Check your chicken is cooked throughout and for the last 30 mins take the lid off the pot to brown and crisp the skin on your chicken. Let it rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
My slow-roasted chicken tastes amazing served with oven-roasted vegetables.
Roasted Vegetables Ingredients
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion (cut in quarters)
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 Butternut pumpkin
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 Teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salts
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon herbamare
Roasted Vegetables Method
Place all your vegetables in an oven proof dish, add in the coconut oil, rosemary and sprinkle over with the salt and herbamare.
Place in the oven at 150°C for 60 – 80 minutes
Tip: Make sure you cut all your pieces similar in sizing so they all cook evenly. I also turn the oven up to 180°C for the last 10 minutes (after I take the chicken out to rest) so they’re nice and crisp on the outside.
Enjoy, Miranda xxxRead More >